Goodlands is not advertised as wheelchair suitable. The bathrooms are not adapted for chair users, HOWEVER those with partial/impaired mobility have stayed and managed well. Phone Joy for a detailed chat. A full list of courtesy mobility aids provided at the property listed further down this page.
A 3 bedroomed level ground floor self catering holiday bungalow accommodation. We welcome all and make every endeavour to meet guests needs.
The six acres of meadows are permanent pasture and available for guest recreation, with lots of lovely wild flowers and autumn fruits in the hedgerows if you wish to do a little foraging yourself!
We welcome Families, Pets, Cyclists and Walkers and this means we have useful information at the property to assist guests with these requirements.
Electric Car charge pod point Type 1 and we have a Type 2 nearby just 2 mins drive away.
Joy is local to the area – a font of local knowledge – just ask.
Fully Fire Compliant with Smoke & Heat, Carbon Monoxide Alarms, Fire Extinguishers, Fire Blanket and PAT Testing on all relevant appliances. Electrical & Energy compliance Certificates in place.
- It is very important to read the Arrival and Access emails sent to you 6 and 2 days before arrival.
- Our Mobile is given on booking and please ensure we have your up-to-date mobile telephone number.
- Clear tariff on web site online booking and given via e mail or phone call with booking confirmation and VAT registration number 981 7201 15. All prices include VAT.
- Prior phone calls, e mails or visits for inspection welcomed. Video of accommodation on this web site.
- Detailed information on local services given on booking: Nearest Train Station Axminster (approx 2 miles away).
- Bus 31 from Train Station to close to Goodlands drop off at pub wall (approx 20 metres walk, pavement, street lights). Bus stop to Axminster outside Goodlands hedges 30 second walk.
- Taxi numbers available on web site and at property. Approx 5 minutes taxi ride from Axminster Railway Station.
- Axminster Railway station approx 2 miles away. Taxis must be prebooked as no rank. Bus outside station. LIFT at station to access sheltered footbridge.
- Blue Badge Parking & Radar toilets in local towns of Axminster, Lyme Regis, Charmouth, Seaton & Beer. Futher information from Axminster TIC.
- Staff on available 24/7 to assist guests and can be with you 2 minutes – otherwise you will not see us until your departure when we come to say goodbye and ensure your holiday went smoothly – we do not interfere with your holiday with any visits unless requested.
- Gardener cuts grass mid-day in summer every other week & farmer cuts grass and hedges twice a year.
- Gate to road can be shut for privacy, child and pet safety.
- Non smoking throughout property. Butt pot on kitchen patio area.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Lots of onsite well light signed private car parking for up to 6 cars
- Level car park
- Gate to secure property from road if you have children.
- Level drop off point at front door.
- Contact phone numbers displayed on door.
- Clear signage in place on the road and property for arrivals, road side house name.
- Large car park. Well lit with sensor lights. NOTE: small undulation in one part of car park.
- 2 small steps at front door with outside senor auto lighting.
- Arrival time 3pm onwards please. Departure 10am when we say goodbye.
- Key safe on pillar near front door – key code emailed 7 and 2 days prior to arrival (or phone us)
PARKING IN LYME REGIS FOR THOSE WITH MOBILTY ISSUES: if you are an ORANGE/BLUE BADGE holder and are in receipt of one of the following you may apply for a temporary parking permiet in Lyme Regis from their TIC. This will enttitle you to 3 hours of free parking in any car-parking bay in all WEST DORSET DISTRICT COUNCIL car parks. Your disabled clock and badge must be displayed. 1. Higher Mobility Allowance of the DLA, 2 High Rate Attendance Allowance if over (65) and incapable of walking more than 30 metres (written statement required) 4. War Pensions Mobility Supplement. Please ensure you are able to provide copy of your orange/blue badge and proof you are in receipt of one of the above allowances. If you are not in receipt of any of the above then regrettably you will not be entitled to a temproary parking permit and will have to pay and display in an ordinary car-parking bay.
Axminster TIC has full Radar, Parking & town restaurant information for those with disabilities.
Main Entrance, Dining, Sitting rooms and Kitchen
- All electrical sockets are placed above knee high or mid wall height.
- Lever taps for ease of use.
- Double glazed throughout.
- Central heating & stand alone heaters throughout
- Pad/pens in dining room with full information book
- Walker and Cyclist Welcome folders etc.
- Well lit with 24/7 automatic sensor lighting outside property
- 2 Front door, 1 garage and 1 laundry key with tab with our mobile contact number given on arrival.
- Large TV in sitting room.
- French doors to sheltered patio from sitting room.
- Level flooring in hall.
- Dining and sitting rooms seating for 6.
- Large kitchen fully equipped.
- Public Areas – Hall, dining room, sitting room, real oak flooring, one mat infront of fire place
- Central Heating – seasonal heating i.e. autumn through to late spring. all radiators have a thermostatic control.
- Many portable electric heaters.
- All taps are lever. High backed wing chair in sitting room for seniors.
- All 3 Bedrooms ground floor with carpets.
- All door standard width and height. Double opening French Doors on patio.
- Patio has 2 small steps.
- Garden furniture (light weight) in garage with additional fridge/freezer, BBQ, 2 large bins
- Free broadband/wi fi, password in information book
- Lighting uniform with low energy bulbs.
- All electrical appliances are PAT tested annually.
- No stairs on property
- No provision for pet dogs, only Assistance Dogs
- Grab rails in bath and separate/hall toilet. Portable grabs on request & other senior aids i.e. high loo seat.
- 2 mini tables for those wishing to eat or do jigsaws etc., whilst sat at sofa.
- Please bring own cot, cot bedding & high chair.
- Tomy sound monitor.
- Torch in Kitchen cupboard.
THE KITCHEN BOILER FLUE CAN BE HOT. DO NOT TOUCH OR PLACE ANYTHING ON TOP OF BOILER.
Fully equipped laundry room with Washer, Drier, pegs, rotary line, baskets, laundry liquid & cleaning brushes etc.
Portable towel warmers in each bedroom & towel rads in bathrooms.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- Beds are divan and not suitable for hoists.
- Bedding is usually non feather with feather toppers for comfort. Full feather or full non feather can be provided.
- The two King beds in Blue ensuite or Yellow can be made into Twin beds if required.
- Blue Shower room Ensuite as King or Twin Bed room suitable for severe mobility impairements and best for cot in with parents.
- Provided on request free of charge: Blue has swing bin, higher portable loo seat, wheeled commode, bathroom alarm, portable suction grips, stool, spa step, shower mat , low hung mirror. Folding wheel chair that fits in back of car on request.
- Yellow bedroom King or Twin Beds has a vanity sink
- Green Double bedroom has a Double Bed.
- 2 TVs have free view, tele text, DVD and I pod docks, alarm clock radio, hair drier, spare blanket, spare flat sheet, bedside lights, mirror, separate heater in each bedroom.
- Games box of traditional board games in Blue Bedroom
- Routes in bedrooms unobstructed.
- Bedding: feather Toppers , non feather and waterproofs provided on request.
- Hall cupboard has iron, board, hoover, key rack with list of keys
- Central Heating in each room with thermostatic control on each radiator.
- Bathrooms. Blue En suite Shower Room and 1 family with bath and shower and 1 separate loo
- Floor surfaces vinyl laminate. Hot towel radiator in each bathroom.
- Magnifying mirror in Family Bathroom. Shaver point – En suite and Meadow Bedroom.
- All taps lever. Just phone for more detailed information.
- Showers have 8″ – 9″ step in – spa step available. Showers are both cubicle with shower curtains.
COURTESY SENIORS AIDS provided (kept in garage) to use in Blue En suite Shower Room has shower cubicle with curtain to enable easier access , spa step, high loo seat with rails, commode on wheels with foot rests, portable grips you can place where you like, bed rail, zimmer, V pillow, rotating plastic shower/perching stool, or plastic shower chair, hand bell alarm, Sound Alarm, shower mat, all provided on request free of charge. We also have a Wing Chair in the sitting room, perching stool, step up with handle for reaching up to top of cupboards, folding wheel chair, 3 wheeled shopping wheeler, light weight wheeled walker (2 wheels at front), 2 sofa tables, 2 cushioned trays. Scooters can be hired from local Axminster Courtesy Care on 01297 3285
The South West’s Countryside Mobility Scheme offers all terrain mobility scooters for hire at a wide range of locations across the South West Tel: 01392 459222 (weekdays only) or visit http://www.countrysidemobility.org
Photographs below show Blue Bedroom which may be suitable for those with mobility aids – the aids are provided upon request and kept in the garage – a range of items.
Grounds and Gardens
- Laid to lawn with surrounding flower beds.
- 6 acres of level meadows with no farm animals. All gated and locked
- 1 small enclosed & gated paddock for small children – can been viewed from sitting room
- 1 enclosed oil tank – Signed not for playing with.
- Garage is signed for adults only as it houses the PV Solar Panel equipment which should not be touched.
- Garage has one step in and an automatic PIR sensor light – it also has large fridge freezer, BBQ, garden furniture, parasols & beach buckets and spades.
- Garage signed Adult Only and not a childs play room.
- Garage also has picnic box, blanket, rucksack, 2 beach towels,
- Trip Box in Garage – please contact us to reset – a light bulb failing can set it off as it is all highly sensitised for guest protection.
- Gardens level and open access
- Seats for resting. Large pine table in paddock.
- Bird Feeder and window side feeder – spare bird fat balls in kitchen.
- Use of the 2 fields and paddock for walking and picnicking – no snakes or danger envisaged. Farmer cuts grass in summer.
- Water trough in field which can be seen from sitting room window – may have water.
- MOLES can be busy in Spring so avoid mole and rabbit HOLES in grounds.
Doggie Code of Conduct
Max 2 dogs small charge per dog per booking. You must not let your dog in the bedrooms or on furniture nor leave them unattended. Dog blankets, poo bag & poo spade provided. Dogs may exercise in the 2 fields of 6 acres but you MUST pick up after them. Dogs may NOT exercise in gardens or paddocks and there will be a forfeit of the whole Bond if Code breached. Dogs may not be left alone at the property and we reserve the right to refuse certain types of breed of dog i.e pitbull. The gates all shut and you may close the entrance gate. Fields are secure with gates and hedges.
For hire of additional mobility aids (portable scooters etc) : Courtesy Care in Axminster 01297 35985 and from Newfound Mobility (delivery and collection) www.newfoundmobillity 01297 560651
Non smoking policy inside property. No interconnecting rooms. Staff on hand to assist 24/7 with contact numbers in public areas inside and outside of property.
Address of Proprietor Miss Joy Raymond 2 minutes by car
Hedgehog Corner Guest Accommodation,
Lyme Road on the B3165,
Devon EX13 5SU
Telephone: 01297 32036
Hours of operation: 9 – 7pm and 24/7 for guests already on site.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01297 32036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org